Building an ecosystem of understanding and trust
what you should know
family support services
Weekly progress feedback
Family Support Groups
After Treatment Integration Support
Telephonic or Virtual Consultations
and support Forums
how to know if you’d benefit from counselling
- Do you regularly feel hurt, embarrassed or distressed by your loved one’s behaviour?
- Do you dread holidays and special occasions because you are worried that they will ruin them?
- Do you feel guilt and shame often?
- Do you feel responsible for their using?
- Do you often prefer to stay away from home rather than spend time with the them?
- Do you discourage friends/family members from visiting because of their behaviour?
- Do you feel like there is no one who understands?
- Have you considered calling the Police because of their behaviour?
- Do you find yourself covering up for the addict/alcoholic?
- Do you feel everything would be OK if they would just stop
- Do you feel it is because you are not enough?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for your loved one?
- Do you feel angry, confused or depressed most of the time?
- Do you feel you are ‘walking on eggshells’ because you fear you might cause them to drink/use or fearful of an angry outburst?
meet the team
Family Liaision Manager and Addiction Counsellor
Cape Manor House Head of Addiction Counselling, Family Liaison
Family Liaison Assistant
When can I talk to my family member while he/she is in treatment?
When can I visit my family member while he/she is in treatment?
How can I find out how my loved one is doing?
How do I support my family member when they are back at home?
How can I be sure my loved one has everything they need for treatment?
Can you tell me some more about The Cedars Addiction Treatment Program?
What makes you different to other treatment facilities?
additional family support resources